In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Spring Visitors

The other day, while sitting on the porch, I caught a glimpse of a bird I've never seen at my house. I quietly sat, waited and it returned, with more of the same.

It was an indigo bunting. They  usually pass through this part of the country, but can stay, since this is the southern edge of their summer range. I hope they do.


The photo is from the Audubon site, and taken by Rob Curtis. It's a good photo, and shows how brilliant the blue can be. With the birds feeding with cardinals, and woodpeckers, the color contrasts are amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I haven't seen them since Thursday. Time will tell if they're gone for the season.

      Delete